Tuesday 27 March 2012

Work Experience First Impressions

Today I undertook my first day of work experience shadowing and observing registrars, nurses and consultants at the Royal Marsden (Sutton) and I was scribbling down notes all day, twenty pages worth in fact! I planned to do a blog post about all my experiences that I've had today, but rather than write what would be a rather mammoth post, I've instead decided to break it down into digestible, hopefully even interesting, accounts of my glimpse into the fascinating and varied world of modern medicine.

For now though, just three of my first impressions of one of the most state of the art, welcoming and genuinely friendly hospital environments that I've ever found myself in: there is a tangibly strong sense of community at the Marsden, the staff are exceptionally talented and hardworking at what they do, and the patients definitely appreciate the excellent care that the hospital provides.

More to come, thank you for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment